Monday, March 14, 2011

A Smattering of Good Things

Assistance
- On the third, my Theory professor was having some trouble setting up a DVD to show a portion of at the end of class to bookend the lecture, which was on Adorno, Horkheimer, and the culture industry. She asked if anyone had any idea how to get it working. I raised my hand (I was the only one, I think) and I walked up to the front of the room and showed her the small DVD remote/menu on the projector setup on the main desk. I then proceeded to get the DVD set up and showed her how to play the selected scene before heading back to my seat.
- A little while ago, Greg was walking past my window. He looked in and saw me, calling my name to get my attention. I noticed he had gotten a haircut, his hands were full with snacks, and he had his messenger bag over his shoulder. He asked if I could help him get some stuff over to his car, so I threw on my jacket, despite being in a state of kinda making progress on my homework, and headed out to carry two trays of cheese and crackers and related nosh over to his car. We chatted a bit about the event he was bringing the food to, what was in his bag, and how my weekend was. I got over to his car and we got everything loaded in before I headed back to my apartment with his thanks following my departure.

Covering a Fare
- I knew for a few weeks that after coming home briefly from my fantastic weekend at PAX East in Boston that I'd have to catch a bus back and then catch a cab back to campus. What I didn't necessarily think about or remember was that I would need enough money in my wallet to pay for the cab fare, which was $8. I had $4 when I was getting into the cab. Luckily, Caitlin, an apprentice at the station, was in the same cab and she offered to cover my fare when we got back to campus and she did, getting a large thanks from me and an IOU of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment