Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Helping Others

Giving Directions
An elderly woman asked me for directions to an eyeglass store near campus when I was checking out at a Family Dollar a few minutes from campus earlier this afternoon. She was hard of hearing, so I had to repeat myself a few times. I thought I was giving her the correct location (a shopping center between the Family Dollar and campus, closer to campus), but the women behind me stepped in and said "No, that's past the Denny's." The Denny's she was referring to is right off campus and is frequented by hungry college students on a regular basis. I've only been there once or twice.
I proceeded to purchase my item (Velcro strips) and I went on my way, knowing that the middle aged woman was giving her elder directions to the proper location.

No comments:

Post a Comment